Stepping right out of my box here and entering my first project specifically made for a challenge. Allthough I like creating with a goal I’m not one to compete much, let alone to set myself up for competition in such a talented community… but then I decided things had to change, I have to change, so no more self imposed restrictions and just let my inner creative spirit run wild… and enter a challenge.
So yeah, I made a tag for the 12 tags of 2013 – march – Tim Holtz challenge. I was a bit intimidated by all the talented entries, but once I got going, it didn’t matter anymore.
Here is my interpretation of Tim’s Spring Bunny Tag.
The photo’s are a bit dark, but I was so glad I finished it and, perhaps, a little afraid I might not post this, that I took them right after I finished in the evening. I couldn’t use a flash because of the metal. Anyway, I may take some more photo’s tomorrow and add them to this post.
As you can see I kept most of the elements in Tim’s tag and then changed it.
- The tag itself is cut with a sizzix die, as is the frame and the flowers.
- The tag and the frame are made of corrigated board (I think that is what you call it), with some of the top layer peeled of and then treated with black soot and vintage photo disstress stain dabbers.
- I then applied some texture paste to the tag and stuck some metal bits in.
- The flowers are made from a soda can, embossed and then cut.
- The tag, frame and flowers were all painted with lilac, black, gold and red pearl acryllic paint, as was the lace.
- I printed the Peter Rabbit picture and the little girl on matt photo paper and then cut them out. I distressed them with walnut stain and victorian velvet, though the little girl already had these lovely colours. Wich is why I chose her. They were then glazed with diamond glaze.
- The letters were printed with 1942 report font, cut out, glued to a piece of paper, painted and then cut out again.
- The ribbon on top was stained with black soot, vintage photo and dusty concord distress stain dabbers.
- The chain around the little frame came from my stash and was already rusty, so I didn’t have to do anything to it, except cut it and try to tie a bow…
- The frame and the flowers were attached using Tim Holtz brads.