I have been wanting to do more with flowers on my projects, because I do love how they look and how they can compliment a piece. I ordered the tattered florals die, as I expected this to make flower making easier.
Yesterday my tattered floral die finally arived and since there was still time for the tattered foral challenge over at Tim Holtz’s blog, I thought I might enter into the challenge. While simultaniously getting some experience in making and working with the flowers.
So here’s my entry for the challenge
I had a little tin box for pens, that used to belong to my kids. It had some cartoon figures printed on it, so I alcohol inked it black. I started by making some fabric florals with the die and coloured them with some distress stains and some red velvet glimmer mist and hung them upside down to dry. I then gathered some laces that I thought would be nice and layed out everything to play a bit with the design.
The paper flowers on the right were also made with the tattered florals die. I did feel there needed to be more flowers in the design, so I started making a bunch. Cutting them with the die is very easy, it slices through several layers without any difficulty.
That’s a lot of flowers, well at least I thought they were. I dabbed some black soot distress stain in the center and sprayed them with red velvet glimmer mist.
I then stamped my new butterflies and a tiny script stamp randomly on top of the flowers
I like what was left behind after removing the flowers.
Now it was time to assemble the flowers. I cut the petals of the biggest florals a bit and then curled the petals backward and glued three of those together.
The petals on the smaller flowers I curled upward toward the heart of the flower and also glued three of them together. I applied pressure to the middle of the assembled sets with a rounded pen to form a cup shape.
I then glued them together and once again applied pressure with a round pen.
I now had a pile of flowers and I could continue to the next step, wich in my case involves making a huge mess….
So on to the next step, assembling it all and playing around, altering things as needed. Getting really dirty fingers from the alcohol ink and, plainly, just having a ball.
So here are some pictures, taken after I decided I had to stop…I think I put enough on there =).
So yeah, finished in the nick of time, I guess. I love how it turned out and I love the flowers. The box will be a gift for my daughter and I think (hope) she will like her little pandora’s box, she can keep her trinkets in there.
I hope I didn’t overload you with pictures, but I was so pleased with how it turned out, that I couldn’t help myself. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below.
I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did making it and I wil now go and scrub my fingers….bye